A paper shredder is a device that is used to cut document into small pieces; to maintain their security. You can cut paper documents, credit cards, files or even CDs or DVDs; depending on the device capacity.
Types of paper shredder
A paper shredder can be classified into various categories by their usage. They are as follows:
• Personal shredder
• Shredders used in departmental store
• Office Shredder
• Commercial shredder
• Shredders used for maintaining security
Shredder can also be classified into different categories by their cut type. They are as follows:
• Micro cut shredder- This type of shredder is used to maintain the security. The blade of this kind of shredder reduces everything into tiny pieces. This is the most secure way of shredding as it is not possible to reassemble the particle. It is mostly used in offices for security reason
• Cross cut shredder- This type of shredder cut the paper sheet diagonally opposite, thus producing a diamond pattern. This type of shredder is also used by offices and business houses
• Strip cut shredder- This most common type of shredder available in the market. It cut the paper sheet into long strips. The size of the strips may vary with the type of blades
Features that you should look for before buying a shredder
A paper shredder review is available in the market; both online and off the line. With so much option at hand, you may tend to get confused easily. There are specific features that you should always look for when buying a new shredder. Like-
• Security- Of course it should be your priority while buying a shredder. The security level of a shredder is determined by the type of blade cut it has. For example, a micro cut shredder is most secure in comparison with a cross cut shredder or a strip shredder
• The productivity of the shredder- Productivity means the capacity of the shredder. That is, how many paper sheets a shredder can destroy at a time? More is it’s horsepower more is the capacity of the shredder
• Automatic shredder- Whether the shredder takes up paper automatically from its tray or you have to place is manually
• Is it a media cutter- There is shredder which can only cut the paper sheets? So if you are choosing a shredder for using in your office; check whether it’s blade is capable of shredding CDs or DVDs at the same time
• Paper jam indicator- If the shredder is automatic then makes sure if it has a paper jam indicator; so that you can get to know if there is any problem in loading the paper sheets.
How to purchase a shredder at a low price?
With the growth of information technology and cyber network; buying Shredder online can be a good option. You will find varied online shopping sites where you can get office equipment at affordable prices. These sites also sometimes give a special discount offer or sale offer. So, you can purchase during these offer periods and get a new paper shredder at a low and competitive price.